Last year I wrote a post about some lessons learned in my 22th year.
I thought it was a cool way of reflecting about the year that flew by, so what’s keeping me from doing it this year? Nothing. So here I am again, some days after I turned 23.
23 cool things in my 23th year of life:
- Operations rock. Especially the moment they put you to sleep. Fascinating!
- My first festival (yep I am one of the laggards)
- Realizing how many people actually remember your birthday if it’s not displayed on Facebook
- Becoming a freelancer and being my own boss…
- … which meant I could invent my own ridiculously funny signature and company name
- Buying my own MacBook with student discount and paying it as a freelancer
- Converting my mother to an iMac user (hipster mom)
- Telling people you’re a student and a freelancer
- Walking a dog, without owning it. (Thanks to Dierenasiel Gent)
- Officially leaving my parent’s nest by changing addresses
- Trusting a hairdresser with my hair and realizing afterwards that my own haircut was better
- Graduating for the second time (as marketer)
- Dealing with 2 evening courses at the same time (that was fun! No really!)
- Living with a Columbian flatmate who brought coffee and sunshine in the house
- Getting a perfect job @ Vooruit
- Being picked up in the airport for the very first time (exit pathetic train rides!)
- Buying a closet designated for my collection of shoes
- Driving a car
- Champaign tasting/buying in Reims like I’m rich and famous (I wish)
- My dad owning a dessert company, making sure I don’t get underweighted
- Winning a 300 euro Logitech remote with a game of poker
- The look on people’s face when they find out you studied ànd you are a hairdresser
- Celebrating my last day as a 22’er in another country.