This week I made an apple cake. I wanted a special touch, so I added some rum to it. It was a total disaster because I got the cake out of the oven too soon and I had to go to class so there was no more time to bake it a bit more. I never throw away sweet desserts, so when I came back from class I’ve put the apple cake back in the oven. Because of the oven disaster, I wasn’t much of a fan of the cake, but I served the leftover apple cake on my going away party and everyone just loved it.
I wasn’t going to share the recipe, but since you loved it so much: here is it anyway!
Time needed: 20 min preparation + 60 min baking
Dishes: 1 big bowl, 1 small bowl to melt butter, 1 whisker, 1 cake pan
Ingredients for the apple cake
- 1 cup / 100 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup or 125 gr melted butter
- 2/3 cup or 125 gr granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 big apple in cubes
How to make the apple cake
- Preheat the oven to 190°
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar and metled butter until light & fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture
- Pour in the dark rum
- Finally add the flour, baking powder and salt
- Add the apple pieces
- Pour the batter into a cake pan covered with baking sheet
- Bake for about 60 minutes, or until the cake is lightly golden. Use a toothpick or needle and push it into the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready
- Allow the cake to cool